- Tractor maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
- Sprayer maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
- Miscellaneous farm equipment maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
Adjusts, services, and repairs heavy machinery and miscellaneous farm equipment, including harvesters, sprayers, mowers, tillers, cultivators, tractors (brands include John Deere, Kubota, Moffett, Brouwer) and more. Will train on sod farm specific equipment but some tractor repair knowledge is required.
Planting, mowing, fertilization, irrigation, spraying, harvesting, and general farm upkeep of turfgrass.
The Equipment Operator safely operates mowers, harvesters, planters, tractors, and/or forklifts as needed on a daily basis. Equipment Operators are responsible for ensuring equipment is washed, and filled with fuel, and any assistance with necessary maintenance is completed/reported daily.
1) Must meet all drug and alcohol and safety requirements.
2) Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license and 12 months of CDL experience to be eligible to drive a company vehicle according to insurance guidelines.
3) DOT Medical Certification required.
4) No major safety and moving violations within the past (3) years.
- Essential job duties: In coordination with internal logistics team, Drivers will transport and deliver turf material to local stores and farms, as well as regional customer sites.
- Use Navigator Forklift to unload cargo.
- Ability to conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections on company vehicles based on DOT requirements.
- Communicate with direct supervisor concerning repairs needed for vehicles.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Operate commercial unit in compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.