Lawn fungus takes on a variety of forms. Dead-looking grass, brown patches, highly-visible spots, threads, and rings are just a few of the forms in which we see fungus present itself. Fungicide treatments are not included in our six-application program; however, we are available to treat any fungus that may arise. Knowing some of the causes of fungus, how to identify them, and some preventive maintenance practices can prove helpful.
Common Causes of Lawn Fungus
- Mowing height too low
- Over-irrigating lawn
- Perhaps the wrong grass type
- Mother Nature
- Inadequate soil drainage
Identifying Lawn Fungus
- Brown, yellow, or white rings or patches
- Thin, discolored turf
- Areas of dark, wet-looking grass or slimy, greasy-looking grass
Preventing Lawn Fungus
- Conduct a periodic soil test
- Proper fertilization
- Proper and consistent watering schedule
- Appropriate mowing schedule
- Allow Modern Turf to guide you every step of the way!
Blended Earth is a premium mushroom compost-based soil product. We carefully mix in our own special ingredients and soil conditioner to make it a complete, ready-to-plant soil.
Modern Turf makes measuring your lawn or property easy. With our sod and Turf Care services, calculator, you can measure the square footage of your property in minutes.
Modern Turf professionals go through a detailed process enabling us to offer full installation and prep services for new lawns.