7 Great Tips for a Lush Lawn
Maintaining a lush lawn is a point of pride for homeowners, an essential for maintaining neighborhood property values, and a basic for enabling optimum enjoyment of your yard. Here are some important tips to help you maintain a lawn that you can be proud of and fully enjoy.
1. Mow properly.
Avoid mowing your grass too short in the spring. Here are some things that might help:
- Strengthening the roots
- Improve grass’s endurance in summer temperatures
2. Water at the Right Time.
To avoid over- or under-watering:
- Water during periods of temperatures over 70 degrees.
- If temperatures are under 70 degrees, watering is usually unnecessary.
3. Rake as Needed.
Start raking when soil becomes dry enough in the spring and soil is firm enough to protect against root damage. Raking helps grass by:
- Increasing air and sunlight exposure
- Reducing matting or thatching from snow weight
4. Fertilize Properly.
Fertilizer infuses necessary nutrients to promote lush lawn growth.
- Don’t over-fertilize.
- Fertilize in spring and fall.
5. Plant Suitable Grass Seed.
Learn which kinds of seeds and fertilizers are best for your lawn. Ask a lawn care professional to advise you on which grasses are best suited to your region. These two grass types are popular in many regions of North America.
- Tall fescue
- Bermuda grasses
6. Maintain Healthy Soil.
First, seed and fertilize your lawn, to discover what you need to do to upgrade the health of your soil. If your existing grass is unhealthy, have a soil test.
- Soil test kits are sold at many home improvement stores that have lawn and garden departments.
- Or, have a professional test done. Contact the experts at Modern Turf to perform a professional soil test.
Modern Turf provides commercial and residential lawn services. We grow the grass we provide for our sod and turf customers on our farm. Modern Turf’s lawn health programs are environmentally conscious. Our residential program includes:
- Complete lawn health care system
- Irrigation install
- 100% guarantee
- Licensed lawn pest control
- Residential putting green installation
For more information about how to maintain a lush lawn at your home, golf course, or sports field, or to schedule service, contact Modern Turf today to speak to one of our lawn care experts.